Saturday, September 13, 2008

What can make a Mother happier?

“Aah what’s that noise, make it stop and switch off those lights!” I said with my eyes still tightly shut and tried going back to sleep until my husband’s voice came out; “Rukhsana begum wake up its time for you to make sehri and for God sakes put that alarm off, one of these days, it’s going to give me a heart attack!” My husband was already up and reciting the Quran silently. He wakes up him self for sehri, I think he worries that I may forget to wake him up or wake up my self and he would have to keep the fast without having sehri, like that will ever happen!
Rubbing my eyes I got up from the bed, still half asleep and drowsily went towards the bathroom. It was 4:50 am; hardly an hour was left for the sehri time to end. The kids were fast asleep; I had no intentions to wake the poor souls up until 5:15 am so at least they could complete their naps.
After I was done with my ablution I went to the kitchen to prepare the food. The ‘Aalo ki burkian’, ‘parathey’ and ‘doodh sawaiyaan’ smelt delicious and succulent. My mouth was watering and my stomach was making crazy noises due to hunger.
After decorating the food, fresh omelet, tea tray and banana shake on the dining table, I banged into my older daughter's room to wake her up, as it is the most difficult job, harder than waking up my self. I roared; “wake up Madeeha! You 23 years old fatso, first you don’t help your old mother and then hibernate shamelessly while I do all the work.”
Waking up my youngest one is the easiest, sometimes she freaks me out. In the middle of the night if I just enter her room and call her name lightly, she’ll wake up and would not even be drowsy or anything. However, I went quietly to her room and as I had expected she was already up because of the yells she heard while I was scolding the older one, and was in the bathroom.
My husband has strict table rules; he does not allow anyone to sit at the table, drowsy and unclean. We have to be in proper clothes, bathed and fresh before we take our seats. Keeping the rules in mind, my kids and husband came and sat on the table, looking all bright though Madeeha still had red eyes.
Finally I gladly served them with sehri as I have never taken it as a duty- to- fulfill but it is my love and concern for them. And any how, I love to cook and serve, what can make a mother happier than seeing her family healthy, happy and fresh?

10 comments:

o-m-e-r s-i-d-d-i-q-u-i said...

Hmmm.. This aint bad gurl!

Talha Khan said...

Ok im here like i said to comment before... Very good for anyone who doesnt know what to guess for in reality! Dont mind ok?

Bina Aisha Shah said...

That's a tough husband.

Hira Syed said...

Talha i didnt understand your comment at all.
And yes miss a tough father too =)

Talha Khan said...

Its meant for you to not understand! I shall meet this toguh father!

Hira Syed said...

As if!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Talha Khan said...

Oh well! better luck next time i guess...

Ayesha said...

nice hira !!!!

anum said...

gud work !